Published on April 29th, 2017 | by Michelle Roper-Shaw
What Your Signature Says About You
It’s Signature Saturday. You may not realise it but your signature says a lot about your personality.
According to handwriting analysts, the way we sign our name reflects on how others perceive us, particularly in our professional lives.
If you want to know more about how your signature depicts your personality, get a pen and paper and write out your signature. Then, look at this list of traits to see what your signature says about you.
- Illegible letters. You have a quick mind and mental agility
- Legible letters. You are an open and straightforward person.
- Easy to read first name but difficult to read last name. You place importance on personal accomplishments, and you are easily approachable
- Underlined signature. You have a sense of self importance
- No underline. You prefer to let your personal achievements speak for themselves
- A closing flick or line at the end of the signature. You are proactive with drive and determination.
- Sharp lines. You are impatient and aggressive.
- Upward slope to the signature. You a have a sense of ambition and look towards the future. The more slanted the letters, the more ambitious you are.
- Downward slope to the signature. You are a pessimist and risk adverse.
- Signature rises up slightly at the end. You have a sense of optimism.
- Signature slants to the right. You have an outgoing personality.
- No slant. You are a balanced individual.
- You sign your signature with your nickname. You are independent and confident in your own abilities.
- You sign your signature with your initial only. You are a private person.
- You don’t dot your “i”. You have a reluctance to dwell on small things and prefer to look at the bigger picture.
- There is an open “a” or “o” in your signature. You have a collaborative nature and like to share ideas.
- Pronounced capital letters. You purvey confidence and a strong sense of self-worth. However, you may also come across as arrogant.
- You don’t include your surname. You have a relaxed approach to your professional life.
- You add a full stop to the end of your signature. You are a strong character in business.
- Straight letters. You are precise and a meticulous attention to detail.
- A scribbled signature. You have a sharp intelligence and a busy lifestyle.
- Large swooping letters. You are a confident extrovert.
- Highly stylised. You like to make a statement and have a creative flair.
- You start your signature with a flamboyant first letter. You want to make your presence felt.
What Colour Pen Do You Prefer?
Now you have studied your signature, the analysis doesn’t stop there. The ink colour you choose also says a lot about you.
Blue Ink. If you favour blue ink you are sensitive, friendly and warm with an outgoing personality.
Black Ink. You are a dominant person who likes to be in control.
Red Ink. You like to be the centre of attention. In addition, you are very creative and like to try new things.
Green ink. The ink of choice for MI5 and MI6 secret intelligence services. It is also thought that people who prefer to write in green ink tent to be rather eccentric.
Whatever writing style or colour you prefer, find your perfect pen at the Post Office Shop. Choose from Ballpoint Pens, Gel Pens, Fountain Pens and much more in our extensive Writing and Correction range.