Published on March 27th, 2019 | by Sam Rose
Surviving Moving Day
Planning to move house or to new business premises? Check out this infographic from Sainsbury’s Bank for a guide on surviving moving day!
So you’ve meticulously searched and found your dream home or business premises – congratulations! And if you followed our Top Packing Tips for Moving House, then you’re almost there!
Unfortunately, the hard work isn’t over just yet, as moving can prove to be the most stressful part of the process.
However, a little forward planning and careful organisation can help minimise stress and gives you a better chance of surviving moving day!
To give you a helping hand with how to make these preparations, Sainsbury’s Bank has created a useful guide offering a run-down of what to do before handing in the keys all the way to what to do when you arrive at your new place.
Some Key Surviving Moving Day Tips
- The weeks leading up to moving can be hectic, so it’s best to start preparing for your move as soon as you can.
- A good starting point is decluttering as you don’t want to have to do this again in your new place. Haven’t worn on used something in over a year? It’s probably worth donating or selling.
- It’s also worth packing an essentials bag so you aren’t left rummaging through boxes in search of your toothbrush on your first night!
- If you have little ones, it’s also a good idea to pack an entertainment bundle so they’re kept busy, giving you some time to start unpacking.
- Once you’re in, make sure to make up the beds first so everyone can have a good night sleep after a busy day of unpacking boxes.
- Celebrate surviving moving day with some fizz and a takeaway – even if that means eating from an overturned box!
For more tips on creating a less stressful moving day, check out the handy infographic from Sainsbury’s Bank below: