Published on December 8th, 2017 | by Michelle Roper-Shaw
Post in Time for Christmas
Feeling organised for Christmas? Don’t get into a panic just yet, there is still plenty of time to time to send out your cards and parcels.
You still have nearly 2 weeks to send out your Christmas post.
- The last posting date for UK Second Class Mail is Tuesday 19th December 2017
- The last posting date for UK First Class Mail is Wednesday 20th December 2017
For all other International and Tracked Service last posting dates, check out our Last Posting Days for Christmas Guide 2017 here.
The Right Packaging for Your Christmas Parcels
Last year, the Royal Mail handled over 138 million parcels over the Christmas period. This year the figure is expected to increase as more and more of us shop online.
Nobody wants to receive a damaged parcel, especially a Christmas gift. Therefore, to ensure your gifts arrive safely, there a few essential steps you should take when preparing your parcels.
- Make sure the envelope or mailing box you use is strong enough for the contents.
- Padded and bubble envelopes are a great choice for unusual shaped items or those with sharp edges. As they are lightweight, they also minimise your postal charge costs.
- If you are using a mailing box, make sure to fill out the inside of the box with bubble wrap or tissue paper so the contents are cushioned and protected during transit.
- In addition to writing the recipient’s name and address on the outer packaging, also include their details inside the package.
- Always write a return address on the outer packaging.
- Seal with packaging tape along all edges and openings. For delicate items use white and red Fragile Tape.
- Unsure what your recipient’s postcode is? Don’t worry, the Royal Mail Postcode Finder allows you to search for 50 postcodes free of charge.
Gift Mailing Boxes
Especially designed for Christmas and other special occasions, Gift Mailing Boxes add an extra special touch to your parcels. Postpak gift mailing boxes are designed to comply with Royal Mail packaging standards with a maximum weight capacity of 2kg. These boxes are pre-labelled and include a space on the box edge for the sender’s details.
Here are just a few of the designs you can select from:
Wallace & Gromit Christmas Snow Mailing Box – Have a cracking Christmas with this Wallace & Gromit themed gift mailing box. As with all the PostPak gift mailing box range, it features a quick and easy “pop-up” design. Self-locking tabs located from the lid fit securely into the front complimented with additional peel and seal strips.
Black with Gold Stars Gift Mailing Box – A very classy choice to add that luxurious touch to your gift giving. Buy more and save more with the great multi-buy deal with the current 3 for 2 mailing box offer.
Green Tartan Gift Mailing Box – A traditional design that anyone would be thrilled to receive and will look just as good under the Christmas tree, patiently waiting to be opened on Christmas Day.
Choosing Your Packaging
Still unsure what packaging to use for your Christmas gifts? Then look at our extensive Choose Your Packaging guide here.