Published on June 17th, 2019 | by Sam Rose
Post Office Shop Visits Emerald Headingley Stadium
The Post Office Shop were kindly invited to visit an open day of the newly built Emerald Stand at Emerald Headingley Stadium last week and were given a tour of the new facilities.
Last week, due to our support of Yorkshire County Cricket Club as a new Club Partner, the Post Office Shop team were kindly invited to attend the grand opening of the new Emerald Stand and its facilities at one of Yorkshire’s most established and well-known stadiums, the Emerald Headingley Stadium.
First opened in 1889, Emerald Headingley Stadium is the home stadium for one of the most prestigious, famous and successful cricket clubs in the world, the Yorkshire County Cricket Club.
It’s also the home of the eight-time Super League Champions of Rugby, the Leeds Rhinos.
The stadium is split into two separate grounds – Headingley Cricket Ground and Headingley Rugby Stadium, with both having been through several renovations and extensions over the years.
One of the latest developments that has been made at the stadium is the brand-new Emerald Suite, a brand-new venue within the Emerald Stand which has been designed with the aim to provide the finest of hospitality in mind.
Grand Opening of the New Emerald Suite, Emerald Stand Boxes and Directors’ Suite
During our time at Emerald Headingley Stadium, we were given a tour of the impressive new Emerald Stand venue facilities and were able to take a look inside the Stadium Boxes within the grounds which provide a breathtaking view of the action taking place on the pitch.
The team at Emerald Headingley Stadium were also showcasing both matchday and non-matchday hospitality offerings during the opening event within the new Emerald Stand.
Touring the Emerald Stand at Emerald Headingley Stadium
Upon very first glance, the brand-new facilities inside the Emerald Stand are truly a sight to behold.
With a whole host of luxurious décor and stylish furnishings, the Emerald Stand has a very high-class and modern feel from the moment you walk through the reception area all the way to up to the mesmerizing main lobby area.
The Emerald Suite is a brand-new installation at Emerald Headingley Stadium, and it was very clear to see that a lot of time and effort has been put into providing guests to the stadium with a premium hospitality experience.
We were able to take a look inside the various sections and rooms within the Emerald Stand including:
• Emerald Suite – The only suite in the world which overlooks two international stadia and offers stunning views of Headingley from full windows which run the length of the suite with a capacity to hold 450 guests.
• Directors’ Suite – An exclusive premier facility with panoramic views of the Headingley test cricket arena.
• Directors’ Private Dining Suite – An elegant client entertainment location containing a private bar and terrace area.
• Boardroom – A private dining facility ideal for exclusive meetings and events.
• Stadium Boxes – Exclusive main stand 12-seater private boxes with unrivalled views along with stunning décor.
Also comprising as part of the Emerald Stand’s facilities are:
• Taverners Suite – A room newly refurbished in the style of a private members club and an area that is steeped in history and heritage.
• Presidents Suite – An intimate setting for meeting and conferences containing jaw-dropping views of the cricket pavilion.
• Long Room – A room which offers stunning panoramic views of the Headingley cricket pitch and contains an extensive private bar.
• Executive Suite – A suite which is set over two levels containing a separate bar area and extensive views of the cricket arena.
• Lewis Jones Suite – An elegant and spacious suite with spectacular views of the rugby stadium and a large private bar.
Technical Details on the Emerald Stand
The development of the Emerald Stand has been ongoing since September 2017 and was completed in May 2019, with the new refurbishments costing almost £42m in total.
It’s clear to see that this has been money very well spent, with the brand-new Emerald Stand taking the cricket stadium maximum capacity from 15,500 all the way up to 18,350.
During match days themselves, the Emerald Stand can hold an impressive 4,406 eager cricket fans, with the seating in this stand padded with an additional 832 premium padded seats on the middle tier of the stand.
In terms of the use of the Emerald Stand for business and corporate events, the venue contains 12 meeting rooms, of which can host as many as 500 people.
There are also 36 hotel rooms available for use when overnight accommodation is required at the Headingley Lodge, which is situated within the grounds of the stadium.
Situated close to Leeds City Centre and offering on-site parking, a dedicated events manager and award-winning catering, Emerald Headingley Stadium is more than equipped to deal with any special occasion or corporate event.
All this further amounts into the thought and care that has gone into further establishing Emerald Headingley Stadium as a unique and historic world-class venue for sports and events.
Post Office Shop would like to thank both Yorkshire County Cricket Club and the team at Emerald Headingley Stadium for inviting us for a first look at the brand-new Emerald Stand – we were ‘bowled over’ by our experience!
To learn more about booking non-match day events and special occasions at Emerald Headingley Stadium, please visit their website at http://emeraldheadingleystadium.events/your-event or visit http://yorkshireccc.com/hospitality for any enquiries relating to match day hospitality.