Published on May 22nd, 2014 | by admin0
Excellent Customer Service Is Crucial
It is often said that customer service should be the number one priority for any business as there is a clear correlation between customer satisfaction, retention and profitability.
Figures show that organisations with exemplary customer service are the ones that prosper in the long term which is why the Institute of Customer Service has recognised this as a pressing, strategic issue that every business should address.
Studying the Customer Experience Impact Report produced by RightNow Technologies some interesting facts and figures emerge:
- 86% of consumers will pay up to 25% more for a better customer experience
- 82% of respondents said they stopped doing business with an organisation due to a poor customer experience
- 55% of consumers fall in love with a brand thanks to easy access to information and support
- 89% of consumers began doing business with, or purchasing from a competitor after a poor customer experience
- 79% of consumers have told other people about a negative customer experience
So what are the things that most matter to customers to build trust? Well according to the Institute of Customer Service these are:
1. Well trained and professional staff members
2. Convenience of interaction across different channels of communication
3.Â Delivery of high quality products or services in line with expectations
4. Efficient resolution of problems such as returns and refunds that may arise
Of these, point two is particularly relevant as social media channels like Facebook and Twitter transform our daily lives. Simple steps such as acknowledging orders and emails will build confidence with customers. As we are aware here at the Post Office Shop, it is also important to remember that communication is a two-way process, so enabling customers to have interaction where required will improve their purchasing experience.