Published on September 6th, 2019 | by Sam Rose0
Still Time to Celebrate 60 Years of Xerox!
Have you taken part in the current 60 Years of Xerox prize draw yet? Well don’t panic, as there’s still time to get your entry in before it closes on 30th September!
2019 has marked a lot of anniversaries and memorable events and the trend continues as this year marks 60 years of Xerox!
Within the 60 years of Xerox being established, the print and digital equipment giant has continued to provide businesses and homes with reliable, high quality paper amongst other efficient solutions.
So just how did the company first come to be?
The History of Xerox
Starting life as The Haloid Photographic Company in 1906, the company was founded in the state of Rochester, United States.
The company which was relatively unknown at the time, originally were the manufacturers of photographic paper and other photography equipment.
However, when an independent physicist by the name of Chester Carlson managed to invent a process for printing photos using an electronically charged photoconductor-coated metal plate and dry powder toner, the company soon shifted its focus.
Just 20 years after Carlson’s invention had been made and after several tweaks and refinements, the world’s first automated machine to be able to create paper copies was commercialized.
The machine used a document feeder, scanning light and a rotating drum and was the first example of a photocopier.
It was then that the man considered to be the founder of Xerox, Joseph C. Wilson took over the company from his father.
Wilson saw so much potential in Carlson’s invention that in 1946, he signed an agreement to help further development into turning it into a commercial piece of equipment.
The Haloid Photographic Company then coined the term for the process Carlson’s machine created as ‘xerography’ – the term coming from Greek origins meaning “dry writing”.
Subsequently after this, the company changed its name to Haloid Xerox in 1958 and then to the name we know today, Xerox Corporation in 1961.
Since that point, Xerox has gone on to manufacture all manner of office equipment, papers and other business products to become the world-renowned company it is today!
Celebrate with the 60 Years of Xerox Prize Draw!
If you’ve not submitted your entry into the 60 Years of Xerox Prize Draw yet, then don’t worry, as you have until the 30th September 2019 to enter!
To enter, simply follow these steps before the closing date:
1) Purchase any selected ream of Xerox Colortech+ or Xerox Premier Paper from this list.
2) Find the bar code on your ream of purchased paper.
3) Visit the Office Promotions landing page between the 1st of July 2019 and the 30th of September 2019 and enter the product bar code along with some personal details.
4) Then, select up to three of the excellent quality Xerox samples to try.
5) Once you’ve selected your chosen sample/s, you’ll be automatically entered into the prize draw, with a chance of winning one of five Xerox goody bags worth up to £60!
The winners of the prize draw will be selected at random by Xerox after the closing date of the 30th of September 2019.
For more details and for the full terms and conditions, please click here.
* This promotion is brought to you by Xerox, full terms and conditions apply, please contact Xerox for details. By making a purchase in accordance with this promotion you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Offer runs 1st July to 30th September 2019. Xerox reserves the right to alter, amend or cancel this promotion. The promotion is available through participating outlets only. Any questions, queries or redemptions regarding this promotion should be raised direct with Xerox and not Post Office Shop.