Published on September 18th, 2017 | by Michelle Roper-Shaw0
Win a Selection of Collectible Coins
Here is your chance to win a selection of collectible coins worth £250. This is the perfect way to start a new coin collection or for any budding numismatist wanting to add to their collection.
The Post Office Shop has a great range of collectible Coins worthy of any collection. Whether you are looking for Brilliant Uncirculated or Silver Proof coins, a variety of events from British history and royal anniversaries are remembered.
Known as “The Hobby of Kings”, coin collecting often starts in childhood. Many of us will have been given the gift of a coin to mark the year of our birth, for example.
As you start to develop a collection, it is worth concentrating on a particular theme, such as Royalty or History. In addition, you may want to collect coins in a particular precious metal or currency.
Her Majesty the Queen, now the World’s Longest Reigning Monarch is an ideal subject. You can develop a wide collection of coins from her reign, including the recent The Queens Beasts collection. There is also the House of Windsor Silver Proof £5 coin which is subject of another competition we are currently running on this blog. If you would like to enter the Win a House of Windsor Silver Proof Coin, follow this link here.
Enter the Collectible Coins Competition
This is a great opportunity to get your coin collecting hobby off to a wonderful start or even boost your existing collection.
One winner will receive a selection of collectible coins worth £250. The collection consists of:
- 1 x Great Fire of London 2016 350th anniversary £2 Silver Proof Coin. RRP £110.00. From a Limited Edition of 3,500.
- 1 x Gold Plated Lunar Sheep 2015 Silver Proof Coin. RRP £120.00. From a Limited Edition of 4,888.
- 1 x Salvation Army 150th Anniversary Army Brilliant Uncirculated £5 Coin. RRP £13.00.
Plus, as an extra bonus, a Jane Austen Signed Stamp Cover to coincide with the launch of the new Jane Austen ten-pound note. This stamp cover has been signed by the actress Susannah Harker who played Jane Bennet in the 1995 BBC TV adaptation of Pride and Prejudice.
Four runners-ups will each receive:
- 1 x Gold Plated Lunar Sheep 2015 Silver Proof Coin. RRP £120.00. From a Limited Edition of 4,888
- Plus, as an extra bonus a Jane Austen Signed Stamp Cover to coincide with the launch of the new Jane Austen ten-pound note. This stamp cover has been signed by the actress Susannah Harker who played Jane Bennet in the 1995 BBC TV adaptation of Pride and Prejudice.
For your chance to win, simply enter your name and email address into the box below and you’ll be automatically entered into our sweepstake.
The closing date for this competition is midnight Sunday 1st October 2017. The lucky winner and four runners up will be selected at random and notified by email on Monday 2nd October 2017.
Best of luck everyone!