Published on June 30th, 2017 | by Michelle Roper-Shaw0
Win Some Minions Memorabilia
Despicable Me 3 hits the cinemas today and is expected to be the summer blockbuster. Enter our new competition to win a selection of Minions memorabilia.
Will Gru return to a life of crime in this latest instalment?
Expectations for this latest film featuring the little yellow Minions are high. In 2015, Minions, the spin off from the Despicable Me franchise grossed $1.1 billion worldwide making it the second highest grossing animated film of all time.
Despicable Me 3 sees Gru, voiced by Steve Carrell meeting his long lost, rich brother, Dru, who is also voiced by Carrell. The pair soon become involved with a character called Balthazar Bratt, a former 1980s child star who is seeking revenge against the world.
Pharrell Williams has again produced the soundtrack for the film. His soundtrack for Despicable Me 2 in 2014, featured the hit single “Happy” which sold over a million copies. It was also the first record in 57 years to reach the Number 1 slot on three different occasions.
Minion Fun Facts
- The Minions blabber is voiced by the director Pierre Coffin. He originally recorded it as a test but it was so popular it stayed in the film.
- The Minion language is a mixture of Spanish, English, French, Italian, Russian and Korean, albeit mispronounced.
- Minions only have five hairstyles and one of those is bald.
- The telephone number Lucy gives to Gru in Despicable Me 2 was real. The number 626-584-5783 reached a voice mail message recording of actress Kristen Wigg in character for several months after the film was released.
- Evil minions are purple because purple and yellow are opposites on the colour spectrum.
- The evil minions were inspired by a Looney Tunes cartoon when Tweety Bird became a huge scary monster in a Jekyll and Hyde type sequence.
- The Minions actors are filmed as they record their dialogue so their actual facial expressions to be used within the finished CGI film.
- The look of the Minions was inspired by Jawas from Star Wars and the Oompa Loopas from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
- There are only 48 possible design combinations of build, height, hair and eyes.
- Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park voices Balthazar Bratt in the new Despicable Me 3 film.
Win Minions at the Post Office Shop
And, to celebrate the release of Despicable Me 3 we are giving away a selection of Minions memorabilia with a combined retail value of over £50.
- 1 x Despicable Me “Proud” Mug
- 2 x Despicable Me Many Minions 3D Cover A5 Notebook
- 3 x Despicable Me Diecut Dave Minion A6 Notebook
- 2 x Minions British MOD Pencil Tube with 12 pencils
- 1 x Despicable Me “Nice Day” Mug
- 1 x Despicable Me “Class Clown” Mug
- 2 x Despicable Me Jotter Set
- 2 x Despicable Me Powered By Bananas A5 Project Book
To be in with a chance to win, simply enter your name and email address in the box below and you will be automatically entered into our sweepstake.
The closing date for this competition is midnight Sunday 16th July 2017. One lucky winner will be selected at random and notified by email on Monday 17th July. Good luck everyone!