Published on December 28th, 2016 | by Michelle Roper-Shaw0
Make an Impression with Your Packaging
First impressions count. For online retailers, smart, professional packaging is essential to impress your customers and ensure repeat business.
As the New Year is nearly upon us, now is the time to Get Your Business Set for 2017. If you are an online business or about to start a new business in 2017, taking the time to get your packaging right is crucial.
Online Shoppers Appreciate Good Packaging
Avery recently carried out a survey with online shoppers. A third of these shoppers said they would leave negative feedback if they received an untidy package from an eCommerce company.
In addition, this survey revealed:
- 20% said on receiving a messy or damaged parcel they asked for a refund.
- On receiving a poorly packaged item a third of those shoppers surveyed felt that the sender was not trustworthy or reputable.
- 64% were frustrated by excessive packaging. They found it “wasteful”
In terms of good packaging practice, online shoppers have very high expectations as to what they expect to receive from a company.
- 20% liked to see company branding on the outer packaging.
- 60% on receiving an online order with a “thank you” flyer felt valued and said they would buy from the same seller again.
- 40% said the way a package looked influenced how they perceived the business.
- 60% felt a neat, well-designed label signified that the seller was professional and had high standards.
Fashion Packaging at the Post Office Shop
In order to help your business make a statement in 2017, here at the Post Office Shop we have a great range of Fashion Packaging. The perfect choice for small businesses, this range offers great value for money and will help you to leave a lasting impression with your customers.
Ideal for any occasion, this range includes:
Gift Mailing Boxes – A great option for large items up to 2kg in weight. These mailing boxes area available in an array of designs for every occasion. Each box is easy to assemble and features a secure peel and seal closure. A useful pre labelled area means there is no need to print a separate label, saving you time and money.
Coloured Tissue Paper – Not only does the addition of tissue paper add an extra special touch to your parcels, it also gives added protection to delicate items. Coloured tissue paper gives an extra impact particularly in these rainbow colours of red, yellow, pink, green and blue.
Metallic Padded Bubble Envelopes in Silver and Gold – Bubble envelopes are a lightweight option whilst giving you the reassurance that bulky or fragile items will be protected in the post. These metallic bubble envelopes are an excellent option for promotional mailers and will ensure your items stand out in the mail to give that all important lasting first impression.
Polka Dot Polythene Envelopes – If you are looking for a durable, weatherproof option for your mail, these envelopes are ideal. Perfect for bulkier or heavier items, they are 100% recyclable and have a secure peel and seal closure for fuss free sealing. They feature a pre-printed label area and easy to write on surface.