Published on February 21st, 2014 | by admin0
The Lowdown On Laminators
If you thought laminators only served a useful purpose for office documents, it’s time to think again. Our product guide to choosing the right laminator includes information for choosing a laminator for home use too.
Fusing two pieces of plastic together with paper in between via lamination can preserve all sorts of important items of different shapes and sizes we use at home from A5 up to A2 documents.
Laminated items using laminator pouches and covers are more durable, waterproof and attractive so we’ve put together a comprehensive list of ways a laminator would also be extremely useful in the home too:
- Important business cards gain a longer life in your wallet
- Make placemats from children’s artwork or favourite pictures from a calendar
- Preserve important phone numbers, instructions, guarantees and certificates
- Protect favourite recipes and menu cards for future use
- Use paper, craftwork or pictures to form bookmarks and then laminate them
- Arrange dried flowers in a laminating pocket to preserve colour and add strength
- Preserve old or favourite knitting, crochet, or cross-stitch patterns for using over and over again
- Individually laminate the cards and letters from Christmas or birthday’s for longevity
- Print out favourite motivational quotes on a printer or handwrite them before laminating and use as inspiration in your home office, or other area of the house
- Preserve birth and death notices or other clippings from newspapers and magazines desired as keepsakes
- Organise collections of items such as books, movies, or music using laminated file dividers
- Preserve maps for walking and cycling trips on wet weather days
- Make waterproof, resilient labels to attach to children’s school bags, lunch boxes or other belongings
So good luck and happy laminating!